Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jonah is a Pre-schooler







So, this September Jonah started pre-school and he was so excited to be going to school. It's funny becasue I was going to send him to one that was run out of a person's home, but he didn't want to go there becasue it wasn't at a "real" school. He definitely wants to be a big boy. So we stocked him with the necessary Spiderman lunchbox and sent him on his way and he has never looked back. When I came to pick him up the first day of school he actually glared at me. I guess there will be no tears necessary when I send him off to Kindergarten as I have so often heard of other moms and their kids. It made me kind of sad, but I'm glad he is enjoying himself so much. He is learning to write his letters and to write him name. He has actually known how to write his name since he was two, but now he is learning to write it in a straight line and not all over the page in 5 different sizes so that's good. He says he likes the Arts and Crafts part of school the most. I personally think he just likes to use scissors becasue he is always cutting things up. He also started soccer about the same time and loved that too. Although, when I tried to get him to practice at home he said, "why, I;m already really good." So now we have to work on humility. Anyway, he is actually quite good at ball handling and he is a good listener. So, that is the update on my little man.

1 comment:

James said...

Haha! That thought is funny: Jonah with humility problems. They both look wonderful. I can't wait to see all of you.